Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Seagate 14TB IronWolf HDD

IronWolf and IronWolf Pro drives have continued to push boundaries for NAS applications, providing best-in-class reliability and performance for always-on environments. Trusted by the world’s top NAS vendors, IronWolf drives are built with multi-user environments in mind, delivering a workload rating up to 300TB/year allowing users to do more with their data and their NAS — from the connected home, to the small and medium office server, to larger businesses needing high-density bulk storage. IronWolf drives are optimized with AgileArray firmware for NAS servers to provide the customer with a host of benefits including: RAID performance, dual-plane balance, rotational vibration (RV) sensors, advanced power management and error recovery control. And customers get peace of mind with Seagate’s unique IronWolf Health Management embedded analysis and recovery software and 2-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Services (included with IronWolf Pro, and optional with IronWolf).

• 14TB IronWolf price is $530
    • 14TB IronWolf Pro price is $600
    sa4749.jpg
    378 x 493 - 30K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • I haven't tried the Ironwolf series yet, but the newer Helium based drives are very smooth. I used to use Seagate all the time but had a few bad drives in a row especially the 4TB drives but even going back a few years. I would really like to see a reasonably priced data recovery service fee. If the failure rate is 2 percent, that fee should be tiny. OTOH, some drives have a fairly high failure rate. Anything above one percent is pretty ridiculaous as far as failure rate. I don't see why it can't be 0.1 percent.