Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best small Cinematic camera handheld with no rig for docs? (No IBIS)
  • I want something handheld that is able to shot docs. I don't want to use IBIS, maybe I have to have it?

I was wondering about the Kinefinity 4K but am wondering if it can be barebones handheld without jello and shitty images?

Any other options. I wish there was a global shutter option...

• 5 Replies sorted by
    • Not handheld
    • Image stabilization

Choose one.

• When numerous factors (cost, ease, specs, etc.) are considered, I would suggest for you the best Panasonic you can afford.

• I hear they make nice prosthetic arms for $10,000. Seriously though, I have even seen steady, beautiful, handheld images from the likes of EVA 1 and Red, so I guess if you work out regularly and don’t mind adding a bit of stabilization in post, it’s entirely possible.

• You want handheld but not IBIS?!?!

I think you should just go with IBIS, and get a Panasonic GH5 with a lens that has OIS as well.

• Or you could get a heavier camera - shoulder rigs tend to be a bit more intrinsically stable.