Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: U.S. home prices are not affordable
  • U.S. Home Affordability Report shows that the U.S. home prices in the second quarter were at the least affordable level since Q3 2008.

Annual growth in median home prices outpaced average wage growth in 275 of the 432 counties analyzed in the report (64 percent), including Los Angeles County, California; Maricopa County (Phoenix), Arizona; San Diego County, California; Orange County, California; and Miami-Dade County, Florida.

https://www.attomdata.com/news/market-trends/home-sales-prices/q2-2018-u-s-home-affordability-report/

sa3674.jpg
    787 x 534 - 79K
  • 9 Replies sorted by

sa5191.jpg
    461 x 473 - 61K
  • When in reality the facts show foreign buyers are only a teeny tiny percentage, and even then the Chinese are not even the biggest country foreign buyers are from!

Interesting. As most publications I saw talk about this.

• In NZ and Australia it is all simple - Chinese coming.

Nah, there has been much discussion about this in NZ but mostly it is just political sh*tstirring and posturing to appeal to the xenophobias, or just simply to provide the politicians with a scapegoat to blame for the crisis other than themselves!! When in reality the facts show foreign buyers are only a teeny tiny percentage, and even then the Chinese are not even the biggest country foreign buyers are from!

• @joethepro

People live in cities as it brings lot of advantages.

As for prices - I think this price rises are form of indirect taxation.

• I just think too many people live in large cities. There is an incredible amount of space and cheap housing in more rural areas.

• @IronFilm

In NZ and Australia it is all simple - Chinese coming.

• That's what me and my wife are counting on here in California.

Ditto here in Auckland. House prices (and rentals) are going mad.

• Are we bad for hoping for a sequel to the 2008 meltdown?

This time it won't be so subtle.

• What goes up must come down.

That's what me and my wife are counting on here in California. Are we bad for hoping for a sequel to the 2008 meltdown?