Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus E-M5 III, finally dropped on the floor
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • @cas1

Don't be so sure, as Olympus can have any strange restrictions, from time to bitrate and more.

If you want really good AF for video - look for latest generation of Canon Dual Pixel Cameras, it is way better than any PDAF (btw PDAF can be ignored fully for video!).

• https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-e-m5iii-willbe-announced-on-october-17-and-feature-the-same-20-mp-sensor/#disqus_thread

If it has good 4k + phase detect AF + IS + flippy screen it is going to be the vloggers camera to have. I'm considering selling my G85 and go with Olympus because of the phase detect AF.

• Olympus E-M5III will not be announced in September. It’s very likely we will see it in October.

• The E-M5III will have USB charging

Such way they do not need to supply any charger.

• In my view:

• True: 20.4MP sensor, Improved IS (half a stop), High Res Shooting mode, Improved AF (but probably only CDAF, PDAF still a E-M1 exclusivity), 4K video 30fps,1080p at 120fps, Improved position of ports, Log gamma curve for flat recording,Audio monitoring without adding the grip, Programmable focus shift, Focus Peaking with colour options

• Don't see in future: Dual SD card slots, Built in ND filter, Built in audio high pass filters, Ability to adjust Continuous AF speed in video