Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Zaxcom TRX743 and ZMT3-HM XLR Wireless Transmitters
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • You want to minimize the weight at the end of the pole which is why many people with wireless still have their cable on the boom and the boom op wears their boom wireless on the hip, which is what makes this ZMT3-HM so appealing. Could get rid of the cable while still keeping the weight at the end of the pole very low.

btw, Zaxcom is not the only one which can record and transmitter. But their lawyers do prevent anyone else selling this in the USA

• btw, Zaxcom is not the only one which can record and transmitter. But their lawyers do prevent anyone else selling this in the USA

Who also is doing this?

I know latest Lectrosonics that are made such way, but it is disabled.

• Audio Ltd do it too with their A10, but the ones they sell in the USA have to have this feature disabled. :-/

Would have been good if your interviewer had called him out on this error in his statement! ;-)

• Would have been good if your interviewer had called him out on this error in his statement! ;-)

Well, I prefer not to touch this. Won't help at all.

• Zaxcom were the first 14 years ago and nobody else have been able to touch this all these years because it is hard. Not only recording but also small digital reciever. Nobody could do it before. AUDIOLtd is promising "especially now when sound devices purchased it" but is light years behind. I had the first AudioLtd prototypes sent to me 2 years ago and range was 1/4 of what Zaxcom gives.

• But honestly the more digital field radio the better. I will never use analog radio ever again.

• @Hazna

You'll be surprised, but it is not too hard with modern tech.

But problems are big amount of patents, protections and very niche market.

• Zaxcom were the first 14 years ago and nobody else have been able to touch this all these years because it is hard.

Nope, it is Zaxcom lawyers which has been the hold up on innovation and progress in the rest of the industry.

I had the first AudioLtd prototypes sent to me 2 years ago and range was 1/4 of what Zaxcom gives.

Historically it was early Zaxcom which struggled more with range (of course now they're great, and have been for the last few years).