Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Steadicam Air is.. monopod, with pedal, seriously

Price starts at $399, usual Tiffen margins.

sa1914.jpg
    800 x 602 - 73K
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • It doesn't exist. It was more my ideal imaginative monpod

• @Sph1nxster

Sirui P-424 with a gas lift system.

sure? Can you provide a link? I googled but found no gas lift with Sirui

• Minimum height is just under 1 metre. Also another major issue. It also does not have wide feet meaning I would never risk leaving it unattended.

The perfect monopod for me is the Sirui P-424 with a gas lift system. Minimum height 60cm. Maximum height 170cm. Weighs 3kg and supports 10kg.

• Fully extended height is a problem for me. That height is going to give me a crazy sore neck all day looking into the viewfinder. Shame, I really wish one company would nail this idea of a quick monopods that is rock solid. I don't mind a bit of weight if required

• (Cape Canaveral, Florida) Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX claims that the new Steadicam Air with 100% gas lift has accidentally launched over 6000 video cameras into low earth orbit, interfering with SpaceX rocket launches. SpaceX must remove these orbiting cameras so it can resume launches. Musk has asked all major camera manufacturers to add a bluetooth rocket engine to all cameras so they can return to earth safely or Steadicam should just stop selling these damned pogo sticks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_stick

• PR

Steadicam, a division of The Tiffen Company and Master Cinematographers teamed up to release the Steadicam Air, a revolutionary monopod that is gas lift activated by a foot pedal for adjustable height.

Setting a new standard, the Steadicam Air brings versatility back to the monopod. With its gas lift spring, the Air makes it easy for professional photographers and cinematographers to raise their heights and never miss a moment. Available in two different configurations, a 25 lb and soon after a 15 lb weight capacity, the Air is the perfect complement for professional image-makers to stabilize and support their equipment.

What sets the Steadicam Air apart from any other monopod is that it's gas lift and spring activated. Weighing only 3.5 lbs, the Steadicam Air is made up of three sections including one twist leg lock that allows for a 360 degree rotation. The height adjustment is activated by the rubberized foot pedal which allows for a non-slip operation.

Made of carbon fiber, the Steadicam Air is lightweight and compact making it easy for travel. The Air is accompanied by a deluxe carrying bag with added protection and an ergonomic shoulder strap. It is ideal for nature, wildlife, sports, wedding, venue photographers and cinematographers alike.

The Steadicam Air-25 will be available on February 2, 2018 for $499 USD. The Steadicam Air-15 will available at a later date for $399 USD.

Features:

• 100% gas lift, spring activated height adjustable monopod -- activated by adjustable foot pedal
    • Made of Lightweight Carbon Fiber
    • 3 -- Section Monopod with 1 -- twist leg lock
    • Allows for full 360 degree rotation without compromise
    • Ergonomic foam padded grip point with debossed Steadicam branding on the handle
    • Removable aluminum top plate with reversible screw thread allowing for 1/4in-20 and 3/8in-16
    • Oversized rubber foot giving you extra stability connected to ball point
    • Quick twist rubberized leg grips
    • Non-slip, rubberized foot pedal allows for easy grip operation. Pedal also folds up with travel purposes and quick transport
    • Collapsed Height = 28in
    • Fully Extended Height = 62.5in
    • Sleek red accents