Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vimeo soon to go out of video sharing business
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @IronFilm

I think management just need some reason to shut down free or cheap accounts.

• @IronFilm

Btw talk on the link is quite amazing. As people behave like little capitalist who want to somehow make public product into their private property. I agree about their right on the film or song, but please, do not use any samples, gear or DAWs or NLE. Also, please do not watch any other things as you stole all the ideas from proper owners. Preferable also not to use roads, cars and shops. Place little house you completely do yourself deep in the woods, came up with all this tools by yourself close to death let us hear your amazing aka shitty music piece.

• It's really sad, because Vimeo helped launch my career, but yes the numbers are no longer there anymore. Posting a video on that site and promoting it leaves you with nothing unfortunately. So sad because it used to be "the" place for good videos imo.

• Youtube, Twitch , and their talentless ecelebs cornered the child-viewer market, who comprise the majority of viewership, I assume

• Rumors are that they have money for few months and after this it'll be some solution found, most probably closure.