Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
micro four thirds is missing a 60mm 1.7 or 1.8 lens
  • Considering fast prime lenses, there is the panasonic 42.5 and the olympus 45mm, and after them there is the olympus 75mm.

But between 45mm and 75mm there is a huge gap, so a 60mm 1.7 or 1.8 lens would be very welcome, very useful for portraits and face closups.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Basically MFT has "85" and "150"

When usually it goes 85 then 135 for fast primes. So the gap is a little bigger, but not by much.

• One of the lenses I use most often is the Sigma 60mm. Maybe I got lucky and got a super sharp one, but the IQ is amazing.
    For faster lenses in the range, I use a speedbooster with some of the mid tele lenses, even the old Nikkor 85mm/2
    I used to use the Rokkor 58 (basically 60...) but the Sigma 60mm is sharper.
    For portraits, it really is hard to beat the Olly 45/1.8 or any of a number of MF primes in the 40-85 range, with or without speedbooster.
    The Olly 45 is such a good portrait lens it's worth shooting a tiny bit closer.