Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lectrosonics PDR Portable Audio Recorder
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Review

You can choose headphones or line out, with recording bit depths of 24-bit and 32-bit. I did all my recordings in 24-bit, which are the same circuits as the SM and LT units. The audio is really clean with the 30 db of limiting. According to Lectrosonics (32-bit is actually 24-bit padded with zeros, so more space is taken up on the card).

http://www.dvinfo.net/article/production/audio/review-lectrosonics-pdr.html

sa1118.jpg
    700 x 455 - 45K
  • One thing interesting is that it does not have TXCO (temperature compensated oscillator). That is very bad for such price device.

• Weird, I wonder why they even have a 32bit option

Surprising indeed that it lacks good TC, kills part of the reason to spend the extra dosh on a PDR vs just getting the cheap Tascam DR10L

• Weird, I wonder why they even have a 32bit option

Have no idea how it is related to oscillator.

Surprising indeed that it lacks good TC, kills part of the reason to spend the extra dosh on a PDR vs just getting the cheap Tascam DR10L

Actually Tascam DR-10L is really not made up to beating and harsh conditions.

As for TXCO, it has real meaning if you have same stabilized oscillators in cameras and other audio equipment you use.

Last PluralEyes versions can correct drift and output corrected audio.

• Have no idea how it is related to oscillator.

Never said it is.

Actually Tascam DR-10L is really not made up to beating and harsh conditions.

Let's assume hypothetically a DR10L only lasts half as long. Ok then, I'll buy two! Still cheaper.

• Let's assume hypothetically a DR10L only lasts half as long. Ok then, I'll buy two! Still cheaper.

Let' assume realistically that your savings resulted in cancelled one day of shooting of just small size TV series.

Different perspective, isn't it? Not looks like savings anymore.

• On a shoot that scale they can afford wireless instead.

It just seems like an extraordinarily small niche that the PDR is targeting, but heh.... at least they're serving them, which is good.

• PDR Firmware Update v2.00 - 20 April 2018

• Added support for industry standard iXML header data.
    • Enhanced user interface with submenus and new functions such as jam from real time clock, scene and take numbers, longer file segment sizes, improved file naming, recognition of SMWB recordings, improved progress monitoring bargraph.
    • Improved robustness in the event that data is inadvertently written to a card during the recording retrieval process.
    • This is a major release with many new features.Please consult the release notes included in the firmware download .zip file for details.

https://www.lectrosonics.com/Support/category/93-firmware.html