Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Z Camera E1 Mini m43 4K camera for $199 only, cheapest 4K ever
  • 276 Replies sorted by
  • @markr041 What pancake lens are you referring to above on page 2? "So, for run and gun, the 12-35 pancake OSS lens!"

I can't think of /identify a 12 - 35 pancake .

(But that would be perfect for me )

Thanks!

• 12-35?! Maybe Marks means the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Lens, which is very small and compact.

• Yup, the 12-32 - a collapsible lens. And OIS.

• Funny that you mention this lens--I was just doing a resolution test on the 12-32 today; at F4 it is the same as the Olympus in the center, and actually the edges--not the farthest edge but the edges--are not that different, especially if you go to 5 or 5.6. Plus the IS works in dual mode (not for the Z camera but for the GX85, G85 etc.).

• On Mac, could not find out to connect by wify with the app on iPhone. I disconnected the Bluetooth but still in the dark. Any one give their way?

• you want to connect iPhone to ZCAM E1?

Turn on wifi on Zcam E1

go to Settings in iphone> Wifi network > choose ZCAM Eagle-xx -

enter password - 12345678

Open ZCAM iOS app

• I went thru all these steps but the control button was not working

• After trying out the camera is returned. I think i will stick with my GH2

3-1.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 480K
  • @tinbeo could you share with us the results of your testing? It would be really helpful for us potential buyers :)

• To some one just want 4K footage, this camera would be good enough together with iPhone 4k’s record, like b cam. Have used hacked gh1,gh2 with ~60-100 Mbps bitrate; Z1’s 30 Mbps is one of the reason I returned, I am not sure of bad contact or whatever reason, camera screen is showing black spot when shooting with not 4/3 lenses.

• I'm pretty sure that the bit rate in 4k on my Z-Cam E1 was 60 megabits. For all of the camera's failings (and there are a number of them), a 30 megabit 4k codec is not one of them.

• Yes it is ~60Mbps for 4K but ~30Mbps for 1080. Sorry for this confuse of bit rate

• @tinbeo thanks for your feedback.. did you have a chance to record the footage via HDMI on external recorder?

• No I don’t have hdmi recorder.

• The Z puts out a clean 1080 signal; as discussed above.

• @markr041 I know, but we still have no info if it is 8 or 10 bit

• I have an external recorder, but I do not use Linux or a Mac, so I still do not know how to discern whether the output is actually 10bit. The Atomos will automatically record using a 10 bit codec, so the metadata will always say 10bit.

• @markr041 I have Linux, and surely someone else more skilled than me in video compression has too.. Can you upload a sample on some online storage?

• Let's be clear: you want a 1080 ProRes 422 10bit video clip shot using the Shogun Inferno connected to the Z by HDMI?

• @markr041 Exactly. I'd like to inspect it to understand if the original output is 8 or 10 bit. I have a VideoAssist, so if coupling it with a Z I have real 10 bit recordings that's the cheapest 10bit Prores solution!

• OK. Here its is: Shot in Zlog in 4K on the Z Camera E1->1080 in the Shogun Inferno. ProRes 422. Uploaded as is to Vimeo.

Go to 'Download' and download the "Original." I forgot to remove the display info, but that can be done and get a clean picture - it's a menu setting.

• Thanks @markr041 , downloading right now...

• Additional batteries and charger can now be ordered direct from Z-Cam website instead of Taobao:

http://www.z-cam.com/e1/

• @jleo

Btw I no longer see E1 on start page of their site. Seems like they stopped any production.

• @jazzroy is it 10bit?