Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mitakon Speedmaster 25mm f/0.95 vs SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine III for micro four thirds?
  • I film bands in poorly lit bars, clubs and festivals and would like a 50mm equivalent. Which one should I get? What's the difference between the two lenses besides weight? How do they match up performance-wise? How accurate are those F and T values? I have a GH2. I can't afford the Voigtlander

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Note that DOF will be tiny for bars, as it is 50mm like lens on m43.

SLR Magic is cine lens with smooth aperture and gear, both are not too good wide open as I remember (look, we have topics on them).

• I had the Voigtlander at one point, but it was stolen out of a car. I got the SLR magic (I think mine is probably the version 1, not the 3) to replace it and I like it quite a bit. Even if you could afford the Voigtlander, I'd suggest saving the extra money.

I haven't tried the Mitakon, but I like the SLR magic lens quite a bit. The build quality is nice and the long focus throw is great with shallow DOF. Even if it's a bit soft wide open, I like the look a lot - but a lot of that stuff will be subjective. You should check footage from both on youtube and decide which look you like more.