Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Why big guys are using arri alexa and upscaling to 4k instead of using native 4k camera?
  • 27 Replies sorted by
  • me A resolution is a measurement made of a total system that is specific to light conditions and the contrast level of the test target.

vk Resolution measurement (lenses or sensors) is not mumbo jumbo.

No, it's not. And a resolution measurement is, again, not the same as a sensor pixel count.

vk If you check my words they are 100% spot on, as it is possible to make such measurement.

Of course it is possible to measure. (I'm confused why you need to tell me that something I said was a measurement can be measured...)

...But would such a measurement, made in anything like reasonable test conditions, prove your claim that some phones really do outshoot an Alexa with real cinema lenses? I'd be fascinated if you could provide a link.

• apefos Micro budget films can do proper things with Lumix.

They can. Or with Fuji or Sony or upper end phones. And 28 Days later was shot on 720 ENG cameras.

But part of shooting well on a low budget is understanding the technology. And one of the basics is that sensor pixel count is not resolution. Another is that tonality and usability trump resolution.