Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
High ISO hack for GH2
  • Hello,

This is my first post but have been lurking for quite a while now. I love my hacked GH2 so much that I bought a second one and really starting to get into video. I'm having an issue but also could be that I am over looking something.

I applied the newest hack to the GH2 to bump up the ISO to 12800. However, when I go to do any video, I need to be in the movie mode in order to get the benefit of using this high ISO. I'd like to also have this ability while in M (manual) mode but it doesn't seem to be working right. In M, I can set the ISO to 12800 but for some reason, it doesn't apply when I start to record a video and only applies to still shots.

What am I doing wrong?
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • We've never had auto iso in full M mode.
    To get iso12800 in native v1.1 f/w on GH2, go to CMM, set 1/25, 1/50 in S mode, then auto iso, use exp comp to notch up initially it wont do anything, then in last 3 steps, must go, from 6400 to 8k, 10k 12.8k?
  • Welcome to the board, @manno. Use CMM. Go for full manual.
  • In Auto-ISO mode, the default maximum ISO limit is 400, even when you don't set an explicit ISO Limit in the menu. The maximum ISO Limit you can set is 1600. It would be useful if this could be hacked to allow setting the maximum ISO Limit all the way up to 12800 if desired.
  • Thanks for all of this great info! It definitely would be nice to have auto-iso up to 12800.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions