Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Can I add raw support to a Sony DSC-W200
  • Any way to hack this point and shoot to get raw files out of it? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • The Canon PowerShot S90 is about $50. Other PowerShot S-series cameras cost more or less.

There's also the Canon Hack Development Kit (CHDK) for smaller and cheaper cameras like the PowerShot SD1300.

• Yes but no raw support on the Sony, that's why I posted here. Want to know if I can hack firmware to get raw files.

• In this case type $50 as upper limit in ebay search, look for sony cameras only (most have Chinese lenses branded as Zeiss, it was special agreement) and get one with raw.

• I already have expensive cameras. i want something under 50 dollars with raw support, something very small. It can be old and low in megapixels. The W200 has a nice Zeiss lens.

• I understand, I just tell you that if look around you find lot of 1 to APS-C small cameras with amazing photos and raw.

• I have my reasons for wanting to use it but thanks for advice. If anyone knows how to hack to get raw files let me know.

• I think such does not exist.

it is very old and it is 10x simpler and 1000x cheaper to just buy used good camera with large sensor and raw.