Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Begun the Trade War has
  • 525 Replies sorted by
  • Lira issues return

sa4478.jpg
    800 x 450 - 57K
  • EU is next

"It’s not good enough," Trump told Bloomberg News during his extended interview, in response to the EU proposal. The reason: "their consumer habits are to buy their cars, not to buy our cars."

Trump then said that the "the European Union is almost as bad as China, just smaller."

• Look at your own future now:

El BCRA aumenta la tasa de política monetaria al 60% e incrementa en 5 puntos porcentuales los encajes, integrables con pesos, LELIQ o NOBAC

http://www.bcra.gob.ar/Institucional/DescargaPDF/DownloadPDF.aspx?Id=775

• Vitaliy , So where do you see the war going?

• @brianl

Any big impacts lately? Head injuries, no?

• @vitaliy everyone has a different opinion about it. was wondering about yours.

• @brianl

I asked because question asked is weird in this topic.

As for opinions, I believe you know my view on this.

• @brianl Trump is shin-kicking everybody; basically the admin are using the Greek model for the entire world.

Remember how the Eurozone was surprisingly resilient after Lehman collapsed, then Greece's CDS market was suddenly raided to create a major crisis? Same thing with a slightly different cover story.

• "consumer habits are to buy their cars.." Don't you have to make cars "they" want to buy? You are not expecting them to buy our cars "as is"? I would not know how to parallel park a Navigator in the Quartier Latin.

• U.S. President Donald Trump threatens in tweet that he would exclude Canada from new North American Free Trade Agreement

Nice.

• @robertGL I get the shin kicking our allies. Can't say I knew about the EU and CDS raid. Are you saying there's coherent strategy on Trump's part?

• Well, he's surrounded by neocons. They probably consult him all the time, especially now after he fired half of his cabinet.

• @robertGL

It is always funny to hear how group of neocons (or anyone else) are deciding that to do in US economic policies.

• I know - I was just too lazy to figure out how to properly answer his question.

• China will be forced to retaliate if the U.S. ignores resistance in public hearings and imposes additional tariffs", said Gao Feng, a Ministry of Commerce spokesman, at a briefing on Thursday in Beijing.

"U.S. measures to pressure China are neither reasonable nor effective", Gao said. China will closely monitor the impact from additional tariffs, and take strong measures to help both domestic and overseas companies operating in the country to overcome difficulties, according to the spokesman, who also argued for "equal, honest" talk.

"We have the confidence, the capabilities and the tools" to safeguard China's economic interests, Gao said.

• Japan is next

Trump "described his good relations with the Japanese leadership but then added:
    "Of course that will end as soon as I tell them how much they have to pay.'"

• It's like having a mafia boss as president.

• @brianl

It's like having a mafia boss as president.

It is time to learn to look at this as it is in reality - as soon as real economic interests collide you start to have such leaders.

Yes, parts of ruling class in US live in past reality and are kicking and screaming to stay in it (like kids), but it won't be for long.

• US trade deficit jumps by the most in 3 years

The U.S. trade deficit increased to a five-month high in July.

Exports of soybeans and civilian aircraft declined and imports hit a record high, suggesting that trade could be a drag on economic growth in the third quarter.

The Commerce Department said the trade gap jumped 9.5 percent to $50.1 billion, widening for a second straight month.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/us-trade-deficit-jumps-by-the-most-in-3-years.html?__source=sharebar%7Cfacebook&par=sharebar

• Trump, speaking to reporters on board of Air Force 1, just said that he is ready to impose another $267BN in China tariffs in addition to the $200 billion proposed that his administration is putting the final touches on.

Nice.

sa4568.jpg
    650 x 335 - 36K
  • Alibaba’s co-founder and executive chairman, Jack Ma, said he planned to step down from the Chinese e-commerce giant on Monday to pursue philanthropy in education, a changing of the guard for the $420 billion internet company.

It is not coincidence that he is stepping down. And fully related to trade war that is about to start at full scale.

• Human Rights Watch released a detailed report that concluded the violations were of a “scope and scale not seen in China since the 1966-1976 Cultural Revolution.” The report, which was based on interviews with 58 former residents of Xinjiang, recommended that other nations impose targeted sanctions on Chinese officials, withhold visas and control exports of technology that could be used for abuses.

The ongoing internal debates over new Chinese sanctions highlight how the Trump administration has been looking at raising the pressure on Beijing via measures beyond tariffs, all of which are part of what officials see as "an existential innovation war with China."

All things will be used. Won't be surprised if some of them will be based on too much oxygen usage in China.

S&P can drop 25%, resulting in over $6 trillion in market cap losses, should the U.S. impose 10% tariffs on all imports.

sa4636.jpg
    800 x 442 - 66K
  • 2018-09-12 U.S. Asks China for New Round of Trade Talks Led by Mnuchin

There are still great differences between the two sides, but China will accept the invitation and probably send Vice Premier Liu He to lead the talks, ... Liu led a previous round of talks in May, reaching a deal with Mnuchin which was then abandoned by a tweet from Trump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-12/u-s-is-said-to-propose-new-round-of-trade-talks-with-china

The trade war initiated by the United States is actually helping China achieve one of its coveted long-term financial goals – the greater use of its currency, the yuan, in international commerce and financial transactions.

://www.scmp.com/economy/article/2163421/us-china-trade-war-helping-boost-use-yuan-international-transactions

• EU guys

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker called on Wednesday for the European Union to promote the euro as a global currency to challenge the U.S. dollar.

“It is absurd that Europe pays for 80 percent of its energy import bill – worth 300 billion euros a year – in U.S. dollars when only roughly 2 percent of our energy imports come from the United States,” he said.

Surprise.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-juncker-euro/eus-juncker-wants-bigger-global-role-for-euro-idUSKCN1LS0BK