Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nikon mirrorless hype out of nothing
  • Structural reform does not exclude all possibilities. In terms of product, you should also compete with medium and high-end SLR single lens reflexes. While targeting genre top, earn profits even if sales falls. With generations grew up on smart phones I will give out a "Nikonashii" mirrorless camera that made a difference to other companies in terms of performance. I want to overwhelm the performance of the lens by making use of industrial lens technology, but also need playfulness

From http://newswitch.jp/p/9613

Nikon has serious issues, so next move is PR noise. Lot of Nikon paid hamsters from stupid ones to smart like Thom started to made circles around mirrorless camera mention.
    They also want to move attention from previous sentence typical for capitalist regressive company - to increase profits and focus on elite.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Nikon idea of adapter with PDAF

s142.jpg
    519 x 500 - 33K
  • Considering that the Sony a9 is the first mirror less dedicated sports camera, lots of room for competition. Also lots of shooters with Nikon glass that would benefit from a Nikon Pro Mirrorless system.

• THey already had mirrorless with the one series. I own a V2 and think it's great, but it was only halfway supported for video.
    I think that providing exclusively to high-end isn't a bad idea; I think film is coming back somewhat as well. Nikon can focus on that as a smaller-but-established brand. The fact is that Sony and Panasonic have mirrorless locked down afaik

• Mirror-less is future for digital cameras. I love my D810 but I'm sure mirror-less will catch up or are already there.

So regardless of hype, Nikon should go mirror-less.

• "While details are confidential, we can say that we are currently developing new mirrorless products that build upon Nikon's strengths, and offer the performance prospective customers expect, including the ultimate optics performance, image-processing technologies, strength and durability, and operation."

Nikon was forced to follow on this bluff.

Actually it means nothing.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions