Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Crypto currency mining as form of basic income
  • I just look into all this for last 6 months and such idea just hit me.

Actually crypto mining has all the properties required for basic income redistribution

• Pointless "work" that do not interfere with means of production ownership
    • Real money poured by big banks
    • Experiment is limited and very easy to stop at any time
    • You still have barrier of entry (ownership of good GPUs) and their production is planned and limited
    • At any day you can call it quits and declare that free lunches do not exist in this life
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Mining can use lots of electricity. I think a good idea would be to have solar panels in backyard.

• @alcomposer

Actually it does not matter. Until income is much more than electricity bill.

Of course, it is wasting of resources. But I think it is design property as this waste will be located in the poorest regions also helping to reduce manufacturing reserves.

• well then why are people buying out cards , if they are paying more for electricity than they make ? I have to admit to me this shxt makes absolutely no sense !

• well then why are people buying out cards , if they are paying more for electricity than they make ?

Read carefully. They buy cards because for now card gets you much more than electricity cost.