Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: LA homelessness jumps 23%

Los Angeles County’s homeless population has soared 23% over last year despite increasing success in placing people in housing, according to the latest annual count released Wednesday.

The sharp rise, to nearly 58,000, suggested that the pathway into homelessness continues to outpace intensifying efforts that — through rent subsidies, new construction, outreach and support services — got more than 14,000 people permanently off the streets last year.

Homelessness also increased sharply in the city of Los Angeles, where the count of just over 34,000 was up 20% from 2016.

Typical capitalism. If you do not care for people around you - no one will care about you also if anything happens.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-count-20170530-story.html

sample410.jpg
    746 x 411 - 34K
    sample411.jpg
    800 x 494 - 90K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Yea it's pretty bad ,I see it all the time when I go to filming locations near downtown

• @sammy

Biggest fun here is that official guys tell that it is impossible to build good shelters. At the same time they spend billions at various shit.

• Yea exactly vk

• Humans have built good shelters for 1000's of years. That's something that actually isn't impossible.

• Tiny Home Rebel

One of Dateline’s most popular stories of 2017 explores a crisis next door to Hollywood’s rich and famous – tens of thousands of homeless men, women and children. One man is fighting to help with his unique solution but authorities want to shut him down.

The mayor of Los Angeles has declared a homelessness crisis. As the city struggles to respond, one man has his own unique solution. But can he evade authorities to get people off the streets?

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/story/tiny-home-rebel

• Well

sa2910.jpg
    800 x 599 - 92K