Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Sanity X VS. FlowMotion V2
  • Hi,

I know there is a lot of topic on this but I still can't make a clear decision. I'm going to film Podcast and concert, which of the 2 would handle these type of setting best?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • I can tell you from my own experience, filming concerts with the GH2, that Flowmotion v2.02 is a VERY GOOD choice. It spans very realiably, so you can film for as long as your battery lasts, which is perfect in a 2 camera setup with one acting as permanent wide shot. (most of the videos here were filmed entirely with GH2s loaded with Flowmotion v.2.02: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR801oNmzjQXmFBrk8bv-xA/videos)

Keep in mind though that you will need to have at minimum these SD Cards --> SanDisk Extreme 32 GB 45MB/s or better. Best and my recommendation would be the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95 MB/s, which is the card most of these hacks were developed on.

I do not have a lot of experience with Sanity X though I checked it out before and had good experiences with it too. When you read through the according thread you will find that some people have problems with crashes especially on the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95MB/s Card...

Depending on how much postpro-work you are planning to do, Flowmotion v2.02 gives you a slight edge in quality, so this would be the choice i recommend.

If you are not dependent on the best quality/reliability compromise and can compromise when it comes to quality, why not choose Sanity 5.1 instead? It gives you longer recording times than Flowmotion and still has very good, useable quality and is very reliable!

Hope this helps a bit!

• Thats awsome man. Thanks for the answer

• What about moon t7. How does it compare?

• Hey @Sanguix! Late reponse, I know but i saw your answers and questions just now. If you want the best Quality from your GH2 you should check out Moon t8/t7 but keep in mind that these do not always span the recordings, so it could be that a recording is stopped when the file reaches 4GB on the card. This would not be practical for long takes which you have to rely on in concerts. For narrative work thoguh, the Moon hacks are much much better with higher bitrates and lower compression giving you an edge in quality of your footage.

Also you should check out @apefos' The End and NR patches, they are newer and incorporate new findings concerning the GH2s encoder and all. though i can not speak for myself as i did not use them before. Here's the thread, download the patch.zip from the last post by @apefos and choose a patch from there. these should also fix the so-called "diagonal rain problem" with GH2 hacked-footage in editoing programs using the mainconcept decoder.

Best and a good move to 2018!

• Flow Motion 2 + SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB 95 MB/s stop at 4gb file size. ((