Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AMD RX Vega Lineup
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • According to the Mac Pro option list, there will be a choice of either Radeon Pro Vega 56 @ 11 TF (8 cut down or disabled CUs) or the full Radeon Pro Vega 64 @ 13 TF.

If the 56 CU GPU turns out to be the 'budget' enthusiast card that comes to the retail market, it could have a lot of bang for the buck.

• Apple today revealed that Vega will have 2x performance in half precision mode compared to 32bit single precision mode.

It can affect how video editors are designed, as up to this time it has pointless to use anything below 32bits for GPU accelerated effects.

• More on Vega

• According to their investor slide they generally see Polaris serving the $200 MSRP market and Vega seems to be primed to serve $200+ (it should probably be $300+).

I'm gonna take a guess we'll see 'Core' at $299-$329, Eclipse at $399, Nova at $499-$529 and Duo (Binary?) at $999.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to shrink this slide but here it is -

Margin Potential

• @Tron

Well, RX 580 is $260-280 for 8G versions. And AMD has issues with supply due to lot of idiots producing heat and mining various electronic currencies.

• It's quite a jump to go from the $200 RX580 to the $400 'Core'. I think they should target the $325-350 price point if they want to shift more mainstream users to the enthusiast segment. If they can deliver GTX 1080 or better performance for $399, that would also be interesting.

• Some more details

sample199.jpg
    724 x 479 - 61K
    sample198.jpg
    740 x 410 - 35K