Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Using a 4K TV as a Cinematic Background
  • I was curious to see if the old ways of back projection could be updated with the use of a 4K TV. We thought that the brightness and refresh rates of modern screens could work well with a 24FPS camera.

Here's the results:

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Where do you see the implementation of this, since it should be a fairly huge tv for anything but a closeup shot, and if it is too close it would be a hassle to control the reflections, and lights generally. Maybe for car windows, like in old school rear projection. But it would still need to be big f**n tv.

• @inqb8tr I agree with your analysis. The tests you see here were done with a 75inch Samsung. If I were to do this again I would use a 50mm lens to get more of the TV in the frame, this would give much more than head and shoulders.

In particular I was interested in the behaviour of the glass and how we see the background through the glass.

The cost of a second generation 4K TV is dropping all the time!