Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Eos Pro Color Gh4
  • has anyone tried this yet? Looks pretty good to me, I got the Leeming Lut but dont really ever use it. if anyone has any before and after with the gh4 let me know.

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/21297-now-available-%E2%80%93-eoshd-pro-color-for-panasonic-cameras-gh4-gx85-g85-and-more/?page=1

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I am using it on the G85. It does amazing things with skintones, but a lot of non human scenes basically look like you are shooting with a red gel over your lens. I'm not sold yet but I will continue to test it out because there is definitely good things about it like I said I can't comprehend how it fixes skin so well. It's like witchcraft/magic.

• Did you find it blowings pinks, and everything redish? Are you using it at 100% over the shot with recommended sttings?

• I've been trying it with GX85 footage shot with the natural profile. It provides a nice dynamic range boost and warmer, skin-friendly tones. Also seeing very nice colors in nature shots with flowers, etc. In some cases you may get a pinkish sky which can be corrected or reduced with a white balance adjustment.

It seems it's best to use this LUT with footage shot in standard or natural profile with contrast set to 0, otherwise the scene could lose subtle contrast details which are not possible to recover. Definitely brings Panasonic footage very close to the punchy look of Canon color. I would give it a 4.5 star rating as far as LUTs go.

• First, get his LUT and just scientifically look on that it is actually doing.

Second, invest this money in good color grading course instead. As you will forget about this LUT in very short time and color/grading knowledge will stay with you for all time and will be useful.

• Yesyes, buy glass loupe and white robe, work only under fluorescent light, psych up about being an undiscovered genious, don't engage in any conversation were you don't already have all the answers and develop strange habits and some non-deadly compulsion :P

Seriously though, that's a solid piece of advice from uncle Vitaliy =)

First, get his LUT and just scientifically look on that it is actually doing.
    Second, invest this money in good color grading course instead. As you will forget about this LUT in very short time and color/grading knowledge will stay with you for all time and will be useful.

Out of curiosity I tried to eyeball the "style", not perfect but fun

For research and testing purposes u'r welcome to use the lovelly wiki gal in this silly chart I put together image

PS

Sometime ago I shared The GmaGma pack {direct DL link, 39MB}
    Despite I personally do not master anything, that doesn't stop me sharing the process. This test series came out quite nicely IMO

These are my own 5 size64 bastards. They have been developed using a rigorously unscientific method while the wildest coconut’s storm, just sayin’. GmaGma LUT are licensed as Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

• Snake oil peddled by an Internet huckster.

• Here is that test image run through it. On one I dunked saturation to 80% because you're supposed to shoot in camera with the saturation backed off. Also this is intended to try to compensate for the specific coloration of a Panasonic so unless the test shot is Panasonic it maybe isn't the best test?

I also have included a few screen grabs from some test footage I was working up with it.

eos-hd-pro-color-test.jpg
    3562 x 3164 - 2M
    eos-hd-pro-color-test-80-sat.jpg
    3562 x 3164 - 2M
    eos-pro-color-test-fence.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    eos-pro-hd-color-sky.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    eos-pro-hd-color-test-tree.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M