Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
lighting gear for interviews
  • I'm looking to buy a couple of lights for interviews. I'd like to cover several eventualities, so this is my list. 1 x Aputure HR672S + Easy Frost diffuser 1 x Aputure H192C I'm thinking for a setup with more time and space to play with, I can use both lights, with the smaller one as fill. For run and gun interviews the on camera H192 will be used. Comments?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • It all depend on your interviews type and lights spread. Usually larger panels are used and something for hair light and backlight.

• I think mainly quick setup interviews. We shoot music events and it's fun to capture audience reactions during and after the events. So minimal setup time is key here. I thought the 672 + diffuser would create a reasonably soft spread, I could add the egg crate at a later date. The smaller aputure would be for fill or backlight.

• I'd recommend the aputure al-m9 as a hair light, kicker. It's so tiny with such output. Bounce it or put a tissue in front to diffuse if need be.

Review :

• @chauncy

And I don't recommend it. It has very wide spill.

Much better idea is to get 18650 based flashlight on good led with adjustable spill.

• It's so tiny you can put it as close as need be any where you can put tape. It also has 10 brightness settings. I've even used it as a key or fill helper in places that have light but could use a little more

• In the end I bought an amaran 672 and an amaran192. 672 on stand and 192 on camera. Results....