Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Hacks: Driftwood vs Ptool. Which one(s) and why ?
  • Hi. I still use my Lumix GH2 for filming (un-hacked) and I would like to know what those hacks really offer more. I know that the main ones are the Driftwoods and Ptools, but I don't have much information on them and I would like to know which one's the best to use (with exemples, if possible) ?

Can anybody here please help me withthis ?

Thanks to answer

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Just try a few and see what you like. I used several, including Flowmotion. None of the hacks will give you the image quality of a GX85 or G7, but you can make a good video on the GH2 and it's a bit wider with wide lenses. There's tons of examples on this site, but you just have to try them out.

• Also read the FAQs on this site, which explain how to use them.

• Ok, thanks. I'll check this out.

• The various hack settings improve the image quality, with some hacks doing a better job than others. Everyone tends to have their own favorite hack setting. Also, I believe it's been said that by using a good hack setting, it will allow you to push your color correction further while keeping footage intact.

• Has there been any comparisons of those ?

• Panasonik glass better with unreduced matrix hacks.