Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • They're adding LUT support to the Ursa Mini in firmware v4.0 this summer. Not sure if that adds any weight to the prospect of seeing it in the VA 4K this year (or ever).

• "Looks amazing: the recording to 10-bit to SDHC cards is a HUGE plus. Only concern I have is whether it supports applying LUTs for previews."

In the interview video I checked out the BMD guy said "not yet", but it is something they're actively looking to add, just they don't know if they can just yet or not.

• It will be great for recording v-log with the GH4

Not without LUTs, it won't.

Vitaliy, the name of this item is the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K. Can you please change the topic title to match?

• This is will go perfectly with the GH4 true 10Bit ProRes files.

• @Brian_Siano

It doesn't.

Sadface.

• Looks amazing: the recording to 10-bit to SDHC cards is a HUGE plus. Only concern I have is whether it supports applying LUTs for previews.

• It will be great for recording v-log with the GH4 at a relatively low price... but yeah, wondering if the GH5 will have 10 bit internal recording along with lots of "HDR-Ready" stickers on the box at Photokina.

• Yes, it just make little point for most.

As all major 4K products coming will work with 60fps HDR footage.

• I think that's the least expensive 4k external recorder available at the moment!

Well, DLSR performs very good here. :-)

img178.jpg
    662 x 603 - 80K