Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Orah 4i VR camera
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • I want one.

But it is still quite expensive.

• It's 1,795 if you pre-order it by April 30th. It'll be $3,595 if you pre-order it after April 30th. Just going off the under $1,800 price, that's actually not too bad for what you get. It has four 4K cameras and a stitching box which is basically a computer that will stitch your footage automatically. http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/06/orah-live-360/

"I had the chance to preview the hardware, and it struck me as a surprisingly small piece of camera for all that it purports to do. That said, it requires you to attach it to what VideoStitch is calling a "Stitching Box," which is essentially a single-purpose computer dedicated to stitching together the 360 video. The box has an Intel CPU, an Nvidia GeForce GPU and an 120GB SSD. Also aboard are four USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports, dual Gigabit LAN, WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0."

• How then could you possibly ever use it at the beach like they demonstrate in the video if you also need to lug around a stitching box??

• Only reason for this is some almost realtime streaming. Otherwise much cheaper solutions must be used.