Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What's the GH2 Viewfinder and LCD resolution in pixels not dots? Thanks
  • All I can find in the manual is that the LCD has 460,000 dots, and the Viewfinder has 1,530,000 dots. No info about the actual resolution in pixels. Thanks, Jon
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • But hey.. wait a second! Did you also recognize the DLP like rainbow effect in viewfinder on fast eye movement? It looks pretty much as if this was a greyscale screen with fast changing RGB backlight. This would mean its 3 times higher in resolution then I thought.

I must admit that from looking onto it, its seems to more than 480*360, icons are quite small and still sharp.
  • And after using Super AmoLed screens I do not want to use anything else :-)
  • If it was 1:1 aspect ratio it would have about 412 by 412 pixels.

http://www.google.de/search?q=sqrt%281530000%29%2F3&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a

Guess its more like 480*360 or something like that. So Zocuto EVF gives indeed better res (+plus peaking),
    but the question really is... is it 1K$ better.. ?

I must admit after reading that small 720p panels might show up in closer future i delayed all EVF plans.
    These will last much longer.
  • Ah thanks. I wanted to know if the Cineroid/Zacuto/SmallHD EVF (at approximately 800x480) have similar resolution to the GH2 EVF...? Whats the x*y of both the EVF and LCD, as I don't know their aspect ratios? Many thanks
  • Divide by 3 and you'll got it.