Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Problem with FCP 7 since OSX "El Capitan"
  • hi btw, I have a quick question for all who like me still use Final Cut 7 (yes I know, many of you get on Premiere or FCP X but I'm an old hand, do not blame me!)

Here is my problem: since I switched to OSX "El Capitan" on my mac pro, my Final Cut Pro displays the rushes in a very dark way, as if there was a gamma adjustment problem. I tried to play with the settings of parameters in every way and I have not found a solution.

At best, the problem appears when the playback bar on the timeline is stopped. And as soon as I put in reading, the image appears as normal.

Any idea ? best regards

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • fcp 7 was last officially supported on os 10.6.8 I suggest you have a boot disk running the oldest OS that new Mac will run and keep that just for FCP7.

On OS 10.11, 5 generations of OSes later you can't expect it to run properly.

Better yet, buy an old mac to run FCP7 on 10.6.8 Problem solved!