Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What is the right ratio for anamorphic 4k gh4 footage?
  • Hi sorry for this basic question but I am really confused about aspect ratios with the gh4, a friend of mine shot a video with his gh4 using an anamorphic attachment 1.75x, he was using 4k 3328x2496 in 4:3 anamorphic mode. with a regular camera that shot 16:9 I just multiply the width for the anamorphic number either 2x, 1.5 etc and the video looks fine, but gh4 4:3 mode I do not understand how to find the right ratio.

how to unsqueeze this on Premiere of FCPX?, I tried 1.78x 3328 but this is not the answer because of the 4:3, what is the logic/numbers to convert anamorphic 4:3 to proper ratio 2.39:1?

also he shot some pictures, I attached an example, which is the ratio to convert the picture to the correct size?

any help suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance

for test.jpg
    2304 x 1728 - 2M
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Are you certain that your friend had the anamorphic adapter attached correctly? If I desqueeze that at 1.75x the vertical resolution, the people end up looking about right. Could your friend have been shooting with his anamorphic adapter rotated 90 degrees?

• Yeah your friend filmed with the lens sideways. The lens needs to point up.

• Jaaaaa. That is really funny, you're right Manicd he filmed sideways, I didn't think about that my fault. Thank you very much for taking time to answer my question.

Cheers

• Hi eatstoomuchjam that is exactly what happened!! He filmed sideways . thank you