Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Rings custom
  • Lens Upgrade
    If you have ever shot with true cine lenses you know how useful it is to have a common front element diameter. I decided to get custom adapter rings made to upgrade still image lenses to a common front element diameter of 80mm. It's a must have item for everybody that shoots with still image lenses. Not only does it make your lenses look more professional, but most important it makes your life on set easier.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Hey Cord, is there any kind of deal if I buy more than 15-20?

• Just received mine today and immediately installed them on my lenses.

Rokinon 35mm F1.4
    Rokinon 85mm F1.4 using 72-77mm step up ring
    Tokina 80-200mm
    Tokina 28-70mm

This is the best priced front ring to get yourself an equal set of lenses for filters or if you are using a mattebox. It's like the Tokina short metal hood, adds a bit of length compared to a regular step up ring. Feels much safer for my front lens element. I'm only using my standard 77mm lens caps which work fine.

I bought 5 and I only have 4 lenses to put them on, put it that way. Awesome stuff.

_MG_0223.JPG
    1728 x 2592 - 2M
    _MG_0221.JPG
    1728 x 2592 - 2M
  • I got all the Cine Rings delivered today. Way earlier than expected :) All pre-orders will ship tomorrow! By the way, I just found out that a competitor (I think there's only one) charges $75 per ring!
  • Just got filter tags, I will post pics of them later. I currently have ND.3, ND.6, ND.9, ND1,2, GRAD, HM (HotMirror).
    You can use them on your matte box or camera, to keep track of the filters that are being used. Some 2nd AC also like to use them on the slate. Very useful to have on set!

They are printed on a thin sheet of plastic and have a piece of velcro on the back. Regular price is $1.50 each, for board members it's $1.
  • Added the other discounts to the topic and changed the title of the thread....
  • I was thinking about doing it, but it turned out to be about the same price to just make small rings that would screw into regular 82mm step up rings. Also, I'm not sure if there's a standard for how "deep" a step up front filter thread is. The 80mm front element needs to be between 6 and 8mm deep or else it's not possible to fit caps etc. properly....
  • @cordvision

Go it.
    Btw it can be good idea to make such screw in thing.
  • No, it is one solid piece. The front diameter is exactly 80mm and fits common accessories like clamp on matte boxes etc. I just tested it with an Arri LMB-5 matte box. I will also get fitting cine lens caps produced (not ready yet).
    At the moment I have 52mm, 58mm, and 77mm, but if you have a lens with a different filter thread, you can use a step-up ring to 77mm and then use my 77mm Cine Ring.
  • @cordvision

It is solid or this is 52-82mm ring and some screw in thing?
  • Done :)
    I can't delete the old picture --> no permission
  • @cordvision

Is it possible to make smaller picture?
    I also suggest to embed it in text, so non-members could look it full size.