Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Inside Nikon V1

The manufacturer of CMOS image sensor is none other than Aptina, and the device’s part number is C1CC. Die markings on the device are: /APTINA/IMAGING/(M)C1CC©/2010.

The image processor found inside is the EXPEED 3, or EI-160, manufactured by Nikon. Package markings on the device are: //JAPAN/EI-160 1108 Z09.

The Samsung K4X2G323PC-8GD8 DDR SDRAM was one of the memory devices found inside the Nikon V1. Package markings on the device are: SAMSUNG/104/ K4X2G323PC-8GD8/EEL633GJN.

Also found on the circuit board were two Elpida EDE4232A2MA DRAM devices, on both sides of the EXPEED 3 processor. This looks like a total of 1GB of DDR2 memory.

The flash memory found on the device was the M29W128GH-60ZA6 128 Mbit nonvolatile flash memory device. This device was manufactured by STMicroelectronics

One of the devices behind video capture is the Epson E03100F0A video processor chip. Package markings on this device are: E/E03100F0A/F0Z0112/JAPAN.

The TDA9989 is a very low power and very small size high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) 1.3a transmitter.

Via: http://www.chipworks.com/en/technical-competitive-analysis/resources/recent-teardowns/2011/11/teardown-of-the-nikon-v1-camera-%E2%80%93-aptina-found/
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Hi Vitality, did you check this post? 4K RAW on a 200$ camera -> http://www.eoshd.com/content/9806/nikon-v1-shooting-4k-60fps-raw-for-200

• Vitaly can you remove that limit? It's the final solution! But we need something longer than...a single second! LOL!

• Hi Vitality, did you check this post? 4K RAW on a 200$ camera

It is not really RAW video, just short burst mode. Panasonic have similar one.

Vitaly can you remove that limit? It's the final solution! But we need something longer than...a single second! LOL!

LOL, no I can't. No one can.

• If this camera has been on a market for over a year, why does this news about 4K burst comes out now?

• The 4K video capability was mentioned a year ago: Tetsuya Yamamoto, General Manager of Nikon’s Development Headquarters within its Imaging Division.

1 System sensor 'capable of 2K / 4K video'

Yamamoto told us that Motion Snapshot, which combines a still image with slow motion video in a single capture is a feature that Nikon is keen to improve in the next generation of 1 System cameras. There’s good news, potentially for videographers too - according to Yamamoto 'the [J1 and V1’s] sensor is capable of 2K (2048×1080px) and 4K (~4000px horizontal resolution) video and in the future we hope to incorporate [these functions]'.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6531373190/interview-tetsuya-yamamoto-of-nikon

• Is it possible to remove the 29' recording limit via a hack? The 720p/60 video is all I need for my work, but remove that limit and I'm in heaven.

• The 720p/60 video is all I need for my work, but remove that limit and I'm in heaven.

If someone start to work on such project. I think it is not super hard :-)