Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Social media disruptor?
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • @suresure123

Well, it is Ponzi scheme. As you pay by your time and your contacts information.

And makers of this thing also get very good money.

• Just to be clear you don't PAY for anything using this app, so how can it be a Ponzi scheme?

The app pays YOU. They say if you can't see what the product is in a business then YOU'RE the product. So basically any success of the app goes to the people that use it by simply using the app. And advertisers have to give you coins to advertise to you. Its brilliant actually. They recon that if FB shared out advertising revenues to its users then people would get like 100 dollars a year. Stupid people like to say FB is free when actually they are taking your activity and monetising it.

• I know many people think the same about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Personally I'm a believer in them and actually have more faith in them than most fiat currencies and the current banking system that really is a legal ponzi scheme which are being printed into worthlessness. I like Bitcoin because it has has a limited supply. I sometime find it amazing that people think Bitcoin is crazy magic internet money when actually it has certain properties that make it far superior to The dollar bill in your wallet. And also everyday people are using forms of digital currency and most peoples wealth is stored on often hacked computer systems. Bitcoin can't be hacked...

Anyway I'll agree to disagree....This app has crowdfunded and received seed investment of 1 million pounds so its very much a legit product. It won a recent competition for its innovation from Citi Bank.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114422/citi-names-getgems-app-the-most-visionary-social-solution-in-mobile-challenge

*PS you might want think its wise to always be cynical of new things but I think you would of loved the 'friend' who told you about Bitcoin 5 years ago.

• Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

And "friends" who'd earn money for sending me SPAM would no longer be "friends" - if they actually ever had been ones.

And using ".org" as a domain doesn't turn a money hungry startup into a charitable organization.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions