Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood
    OK! :-)
    I will readjust frame buffers and bitrate settings at first.
    Next, I will try.
  • @driftwood Just did a shoot with the new SeAquake it gave me card read errors every 30seconds, or sometimes every 1minute. Lens used Pani 20mm f1.7 not sure what's the cause, ooh almost forgot using the 45mb/s sandisk card.
  • @driftwood Just did a shoot with the new SeAquake it gave me card read errors every 30seconds, or sometimes every 1minute. Lens used Pani 20mm f1.7 not sure what's the cause, ooh almost forgot using the 45mb/s sandisk card.
  • Problematic card, Ive been shoting with the same lens with no probs. As a test try shooting in full manual mode and let me know if it records longer on your card.
    @TrackZillas You say READ errors? Have you popped it into the computer and copied it over to HD and into NLE editor? Should be fine. In camera playback and sd card into TV or other device cannot cope with the high bitrate - ie you will get brewakup on hi detail scenes - but theyre fine in the edit :-)
  • @Driftwood
    SPANmyBITCHup - first impression after testing today...absolutely brilliant for doc and wedding work
    Spans on Panasonic Gold 16gb (30minutes continuous record time)
    Steadicam - solid @ f11 on panny 14-140mm high detailed scenes
    Clips playback showing steady 58-59mbps on my PS3
    SeAQuake is fantastic for the top quality short scenes...like 'wow' quality.
    dude - thanks for your amazing work.

• @pchristoph That's great mate, thanks for testing it.
  • @driftwood et al.
    which is the current king for highest quality 1080 24H? reaquainted? sequake? aquamotion?
  • Driftwood's seAQuake (latest) + MPEG Timelapse. Thanks Driftwood - I've just loaded seAQuake, can't wait to try it.

setg.ini.zip
    797B
  • @Hallvalla, if you got a sec can you throw MPEG Timelapse onto reacquainted v2 for all us doc/event shooters?
  • @driftwood I tried reformating the card numerous times still does it. Gonna keep on playing around with it..
  • @JDN - reAcquainted is long gone from my ini folder - that was so last week. ;)

Thanks though, I noticed I didn't save the settings correctly - here it is again:

setg.ini.zip
    892B
  • Hey, @Driftwood . . . did you ever figure out that rogue .MTS file from the other day? Also, I'm a little confused as to the max quality GOP1 settings. Is SeaQuake really the best? (I thought it was intended to span, which you thought would not be as good of quality as some other non-span patches?)
  • @B3Guy Qualitywise: seaquake = best but no span, aquamotion middle plus span, spanmybitchup = lowest possible intra with spanning.
  • @driftwood
    I tested my patch "Q18 test patch with Driftwood Tune", before readjusting.
    The 1st sheet is with Stray's chart, and the 2nd sheet with Pappas chart.
    Since the Stray's chart gives high stress more from Pappas, and since it is moving by hand, naturally it becomes a waveform, I think that this result is natural, but I do not know for a problem to be where of this. :-(

The way of a test is a procedure which it continues moving up and down, having a camera by hand and shooting test chart.
    Setup is ISO3200 and SS800.

Thanks for your advice!
    q18_fb1.24tb6.53_3200_stray_ud_el.JPG
    1223 x 877 - 193K
    q18_fb1.24tb6.53_3200_pappas_ud_el.JPG
    1215 x 882 - 185K
  • @toxotis70 That expose-to-the-right stuff on Luminous Landscape is from 2003, and sensors have come an awfully long way since then!
    http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2011/10/expose-to-the-right-is-a-bunch-of-bull.html
  • @bkmcwd Yeah, Im not too bothered whether you hand hold or tripod your test on the death charts. By the looks of it you have a unsteady hand! ;-)

But your answer is there before you in the declared bitrate in Elecard analysis. Its declaring nothing like you expected!

Although you have set GOP3 to 176M, all the other parameters you have set in the frame buffers 1 and 2s and the Hi Top Low Top / bottoms etc... total up / or in your case subtract to/from the total bitrate. Hence somewhere, something is reducing the bitrate. It could be because utilising my encoder settings and having 1080p24 encoder 1 set to 3 is not helping you. Stick it on 2 and try it. Though you probs require B frames.

You need to further tune these settings if you are going to use them and look at different multipliers or incrementals until you stabilise the bitrate back to the intended size which will in turn open up the buffers higher.

Why dont you start by rejecting Q18? Switch off IQ and Q and go back to AQ2 or AQ3. Analyse your older settings which had higher overall bitrate and see where things could possibly going wrong.

All the best with trying to sort it back out.
  • @driftwood
    Thank you for the very polite explanation.
    It has been visible to me little by little.
    I try many things as your advice.
    Moreover, if I may not understand, I will ask a question.
    Thanks again, mate!

BTW, since I have a unsteady hand, I am always using SteadiCam.
    You did not know? ;-)
  • @FGCU It's stops the recording after about 30sec, to 1min yes the Seaquake I'm gonna recompile the patch one more time and try it again, or it might be my card..
  • @FGCU I'm using the 16gb version of that same card.. Can you record more than 3mins let me know alright?
  • @Hallvalla - sorry, I'm getting all of these mixed up! I meant aquamotion, not reaquainted :-).
  • @TrackZillas, I'm using two of the SD 45MB/s 16G cards. They both record to 4 minutes running Seaquake. I don't film test charts, but I do move the camera so that it can't save static data. Lens is Leica/Panasonic 25mm Summilux 4/3 with Olympus adapter, Hoya 8x ND filter.
  • *** NEW TerrAQuake *** This is seAQuake verB for poorer type 10 cards. Very slight drop in frame size to work on non top spec type 10 cards. TrackZillas might like this. :-)
    Driftwood TerrAQuake for poorer Type 10 cards hi quality INTRA - seti.zip
    627B
  • @driftwood?
    Really?? another one? Man, you really are the best. You just keep dishing them out left and right for all of us. MY A-J settings on PTool are already full with all your hacks, ha. Keep up the great work.
  • @driftwood jajajja so much work with funny names, thank you!
    it seems like you have a lot of fun by making this patches hahahah, lucky us :)
  • Love all the ingenious names!!!! Thanks Drift!!!! Just have to make it clear that your work is awesome!!!!

Ok but Vitaliy is like the soil the seedlings thrive in - not to forget!!!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions