Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DJI Phantom 3

Specs:

PR

DJI today announced the next evolution in its ground-breaking Phantom drone platforms – the Phantom 3.

With two variations, the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced, this new milestone in aerial innovation provides greater control and creative options from the sky.

Both Phantom 3 versions feature the strongest professional control features DJI has developed so far. Using DJI’s innovative Visual Positioning system, these Phantom 3 platforms can hold their positioning indoors without GPS and can easily take off and land with the push of a button.

Controllers for the Phantom 3 come paired with DJI’s Lightbridge technology, which allows pilots to see what the Phantom 3 camera is seeing in HD (720p) at a distances up to 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) with almost no latency.

“In developing the next generation Phantom, DJI remained committed to providing a top tier flight experience in one easy-to-use platform,” said DJI CEO Frank Wang. “We pride ourselves in creating a flying camera that fits in a backpack and can be ready to take professional quality videos from the sky in less than a minute.”

The Phantom 3 Professional is capable of shooting 4K video at up to 30 frames per second, while the Phantom 3 Advanced records at resolutions up to 1080p at 60 frames per second. These cameras are stabilized using 3-axis gimbals to keep the video smooth regardless of flight or wind conditions.

Both models shoot 12 megapixel photos using a 94⁰ FOV, distortion-free lens, and a high-quality, 1/2.3” sensor that is more sensitive to light than the sensor in previous Phantom 2 Vision models.

All camera settings, including ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation, can be set using both the DJI Pilot app and the physical controls on the remote controllers. The DJI Pilot app also features a Phantom 3 flight simulator for virtually practicing aerial maneuvers, and a ‘Director’ feature, which automatically edits the best shots from flights into short videos that can be shared immediately after landing.

The upgraded app also allows pilots to livestream their flights to YouTube.

“Pilots, whether they are journalists, extreme athletes, or global travelers – will not just be able to share aerial videos of where they were, but will also be able to send a YouTube link to their friends and colleagues to show them the aerial perspectives of where they are right now,” said DJI’s San Francisco General Manager Eric Cheng. “This has tremendous potential for changing the way we share experiences with one another.”

phantom.jpg
    800 x 440 - 31K
  • 73 Replies sorted by
  • Right. This seems to be 45mbps on 2.7k in P3A, same as the Mavic Pro.

http://www.todophantom.com/foro/forum/para-todos/phantom-3/252520-bitrate-p3a

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/302142530174

580$ for Phantom 3 Advanced - Gah.. Just waiting for test footage from 2.7K

Also, Litchi app adds feature from Phantom 4

• 1080p60 at 60mbps as well as 2.7k/30p at 60mbps. If this is true, I will buy the phantom 3 advanced - hopefully at a great discount this christmas.

• Well, it seems so, but only 60fps.

• @zcream

I do not see it anywhere else. 60Mbps is bitrate of Professional

• I refer to these posts that reference Phantom 3 Advanced v1.5.3 Firmware.

> Previously in firmware 1.3.2, 1080p/30fps records at 25Mbps and 1080p/60p records at 40Mbps. Now 1080p/30p records at 40Mbps and 1080p/60fps records at 60Mbps. >

> Check your video meta data. 2.7 k and 1080p now uses a 60mbps bit rate EVEN on the Advanced model which used to be capped at 40mbps. >

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2384430-Official-Phantom-3-Professional-Advanced-Owner-s-Thread-First-post-has-FAQ/page2993

• Could one of the users kindly confirm which of the Phantom models shoot 2.7K at 60mbps ? I saw a post stating that a firmware update offered this capability - now I cant find that post.

• I just bought a phantom 3 pro in preference to the 4 because of the fully featured lightbridge. 3rd party apps like litchi and air nest look like providing all the intelligent flight modes missing in the 3 that the 4 has - apart from the anti collision feature. Wonder which 3rd party app will develop that first?Loving all this flying stuff - just wish we had some sunshine!

@filthy - the phantom 3 pro does have 2.7k mode - been shooting in it two days ago

• @AKED - The bitrate is much too low to make 4K useable in most aerial situations (similar to GoPro actually). The 1080 is decent. But the 2.7k seems to be the sweet spot to be able to handle most aerial detail and motion with the added benefit of increased resolution. The Phantom 3 Pro doesn't offer it. Strangely, the Advanced model does. I haven't seen any examples of that though. Granted, the stills appear to be sharper (especially in the corners). But at the end of the day, it's basically a different version of a Gopro that can only be used on the copter. My Gopro's aren't perfect either (I have owned every model), but at least I can used them in plenty of other ways than just limited to aerials. So I may have jumped the gun calling it a shitty camera. My apologies there. But labeling the thing "Professional" is definitely misleading.

• Madagascar Lanscapes shot by GH4 V-Log L and phantom 3 advanced.

• Ok, Phantom 3 4K has no lightbridge, transmission of the video signal only via Wifi and only in 480p (not in 720p) and max distance only 1.2 Kilometers compared to 5 kilometers of the Phantom 3 professional with the lightbridge version.

@filthy: can you elaborate, why the camera is shitty for example compared to the Gopro hero+ black?

• My understanding is that this new Phantom is basically same as the pro, but without Lightbridge. Same crap camera available on both models.

• According to the specs both have the same bitrate: 60 Mbps Phantom 3 4K: http://www.dji.com/mobile/product/phantom3-4k/info

Phantom 3 professional: http://www.dji.com/mobile/product/phantom-3-pro/info#specs

• specs says also lower video bit rate (10Mbps vs 2Mbps) than P3 professional

• @AKED

My bad, I mean difference between their lower models. It must be positioned below top version.

• The professional version also shoots in 4K 30fps.

• @AKED

4K obviously can shoot 4K. But lacks their digital video transmission and just use Wi-Fi.

• What is the difference to the Phantom 3 professional with 4 K except that the Phantom 3 4K is about 400€ cheaper (899€) ?

• lol ...wanna c the gopro drone... when it comes out

• Turning into Apple now, new costly shop

zebra566.jpg
    800 x 526 - 61K
    zebra567.jpg
    800 x 519 - 43K
  • DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with 1080p HD Video Camera+$150 Visa GC for $999 at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-3-Advanced-Quadcopter-Drone-with-1080p-HD-Video-Camera-150-Visa-GC/321837897699