Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic DVX200 - costly fixed lens 4K camera
  • 143 Replies sorted by
  • Are these videos directly out of the camera? Are they from an attached recorder?

It is Noel Evans video, very well known guy :-) Mike is content collector of PV.

• MikeLinn, Are these videos directly out of the camera? Are they from an attached recorder? If Post Processed, with what and how much?

• Vol.2 Expression

• Evidently, you need to know what you are doing to use this camera properly. The videos displayed by MikeLinn are the only ones I even like. Most of the rest seem messed up.

• looks like the camera is white balanced for an outdoor shot and pics at the end looks like are better lit… way to orangy as far as I can see …. will it have v-log?

• Panasonic DVX200 4K Shooting Tour
    July 22-25, 2015
    Osaka & Kyoto, Japan

• Someone finally got to test a pre prod dvx200 Looks impressive for live events and docs.

• After "Hands On", I can easily pass on the DVX200 and save my money for the GH5 or Panasonic version of the LS300. In the mean time the GH4 does a better job for me.

• I can't wait for this if the low light performance is decent. I currently use 3x GH4s for filming weddings and would love to use this as my A cam and keep 2 of my GH4s as B cams. It's getting frustrating and expensive in both time and money swapping lenses at something like a wedding where you need to be ready to get everything on the first take.

• Panasonic just added more information on their web site...

http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/dvx4k/

AG-DVX200 4/3-type Fixed Lens 4K Camcorder Builds on the Best of Panasonic’s Highly-Acclaimed HD Cameras.

Following in the footsteps of the breakthrough AG-DVX100, the new AG-DVX200 debuts as the world’s first1 4/3-type large format, 4K/60p2 camcorder to feature an integrated zoom lens. The DVX200 captures stunning imagery by virtue of LEICA DICOMAR 4K 13x zoom lens combined with an advanced large format 4K imager and the blending of aesthetics like shallow focus, attractive Bokeh, and an amazing 12 stop dynamic range made possible by the VariCam style V-Log L processing. Newly designed lens-integrated body provides excellent mobility and extra flexibility is supported by the compartment with hatch-type cover which protects the battery and terminals from dust and impacts. The crimson red coloring and stylish carbon-black textured body represents philosophy and advanced features of the new AG-DVX200 which produce emotional and highly detailed 4K images.

• $500?? Crazy, I'd buy an AF100 in a heartbeat if I could get one to my door for just $500

• There will be plenty of AF100 for under $1k. Camera stores are only offering $500 for a trade in.

• If only the URSA Mini 4K had come in a m4/3 mount..... then that would be our AF200 replacement at only $3k! (though likely with just 3K-ish resolution after the crop from Super 35mm, but still plenty of extra resolution for 1080 distribution)

Instead very surprisingly the JVC GY-LS300 is still in the running as my camera I'll do the big splurge on getting this year. I'm even still considering the original AF100 instead, if I can pick it up on eBay for under $1k.

• I just got back from NAB. I especially wanted to see the replacement for the AF100 with 4/3 Sensor and lens mount. Instead they were aggressively pushing the AG-DVX200 4K large-sensor, 4/3” handheld camcorder. They asked and I did not like the red on the demo cameras, I was not exactly impressed with the price performance either.

Instead I left thinking I would buy a 4k JVC super 35 GY-LS300 with MFT mount for all my Panasonic lens. This is the camera, I think that Panasonic could have built a better version but missed the boat.

• :54 mark of the video. AVC Ultra at 444. He most likely made a mistake but I thought I'd post this here. Imagine if that was true.