Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
One Week with SLR Magic Anamorphot 2x (GH4 UHD 4:3)
  • Hello anamorphic shooters ! Here is my very first shots with the upcoming SLR Magic Anamorphot 2x ! Thanks for watching ! :)

One week with SLR Magic Anamorphot 2x on Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 on Canon FD 50mm f1.4 + Metabones Speed Booster on Canon FD 35mm f2 As you can see the Canon FD work better than the Voigtlander All the close up were taken without diopter except when it's written GH4 UHD 4:3 Cinelike V 0 -5 -5 -2 +2 Lumetri CC and levels adjustments Everything was shot @f4 / f5.6 except some close shot @1.9 in the first part SLR Magic achromatic diopters +0.33, +1.3, +1.8 and Narumi achromatic +3 diopter

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Fantastic stuff as always Seb. I always look forward to your camera tests! A great atmosphere and dip into your life by the sea!

My feeling is you're right the FDs work best (i guess because they're longer). The achromatic diopters go along way to increasing anamorphic style shallow depth of field (cascading, oval bokeh) and they really 'finish' off the look. Without them it feels that F4 on a GH4 is a bit too much depth of field and things feel a bit flatter. Fantastic on wide shots but not as 'anamorphic-y' on people / portraits due to the lack of separation both in foreground and background. I've got the 1.33x and like the fact that I can go down to F2.0 on my SLR MAGIC 25mm to give it that depth (on a GH4), but the 2x really does give you amazing extra field of view. Think the diopters look to give it extra magic that it needs. I'll be interested to see the 1.8x's price. Thanks again Seb.

• Thanks for your comments @nobbystylus :) In the 1st part, some of the closed shot were taken at full aperture (@F1.9) with the voigtlander, there is maybe more separation between foreground and background