Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Gimbal for Smartphones and Gopro
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • I emailed Kath at Lanparte to check out compatibility with other GoPro type cameras, specifically the Xiaomi Yi cam. She said this one should work - any chance of seeing this on a PV deal at some point?

http://www.lanparte.com/html/Accessories_354.html

• @mrbill

We can arrange this :-)

• @vk - good news!

• Lanparte also supplies the action camera frame for either gopro session and xiaoyi camera.

• @lanparte - for which gimbal? The LA3D? Thanks

• @lanparte. Is it possible to mount a Sony WX350 using the smartphone adapter to the gimbal. The Sony is certainly light enough and the video quality is decent.

• For those who are asking if it works with the Xiaomi Yi camera, yes it does, here is a short clip I did with these two together recently:

• I'd completely forgotten that I'd done this with the HHG-01 --- it's still going well and always goes on holiday with us, and if you start wondering about some shots -- I use a long pole with a bracket and rubber bands to hold the gimbal like a massive selfie stick.

• Ah, the HHG-01 just keeps giving! Of course there are now the GoPro Hero6/7 cameras which have a different form factor and weight to the 3/4/5 series. Not only will they not fit the old HHG-01, but they need a different position and more ballast to balance.

So I set about designing and 3D printing a new camera/ballast carrier, and whilst I was there, I realised that being able to see what the GoPro was taking was a real advantage in terms of framing and cinematic use. I designed a mobile phone carrier to clamp onto the HHG-01 handle.

I also like to use a gimbal with a pole, for high and low level shots as well as a poles ability to removing some of the stepping action as you walk with a gimbal. I designed a mirror image clamp and another mobile phone carrier for the pole, so that you can see what the GoPro is doing even at a distance.

Here's a results/design/construction overview: