Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Zhongyi Lens Turbo II (FD-NEX) Infinity & focus seems off
  • First off with this post please bear in mind I'm not a pro or really a photographer, I come from a tv post production background and have started to take a greater interest in photography as an artform.

I recently purchased a Camdiox speedbooster (FD-MFT) adapter from Roxsen to use with a Blackmagic Cinema Camera and a host of FD lenses which I've been given.

Using a dumb adapter (MFT-NEX) I fitted the Camdiox to my NEX5N while I was awaiting for the Blackmagic to arrive and found that the Camdiox produced the well known blue spots in bright light, as have been described by others, I immediately sent this back and decided to pay a bit more and buy a Zhongyi Lens Turbo.

Having read the countless reviews saying that then Lens Turbo II was a better bet to escape blue spots I picked one up but this time decided to get it in FD-NEX form just for photography with the NEX5N.

It arrived and so far I've found that none of my FD lenses achieve infinity focus and a poor through-out. I've now read that these adapters cannot achieve infinity due to the rear element bumping the adapter - I'm so confused by why this is - can anyone explain why they've made this adapter if it cannot be used properly, as an non-professional I would think that having infinity to be a requirement of any lens.

Apart from the blue spots issue with the camdiox version I found it to be pretty perfect - I'm gutted to find my only possibility to use my FD lenses is the costly metabones.

• 1 Reply sorted by