Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Possible to modify this tungsten light to HMI?
  • Let me preface by saying this is probably unlikely, but I just had the idea and thought I'd throw it out there. A couple of years ago I bought the Dedolight 436 with DT36-1 ballast (www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/231419-REG/Dedolight_K436_400W_One_Light_Kit.html) for a great price on ebay. It takes a 400w 36v halogen bulb and with the ballast packs a real punch basically the equivalent of a 1k. It's a tremendous light, but I find myself rarely using it though because of the size. I was considering selling it, until I thought that it might be possible to convert it to an HMI. Dedolight also makes an HMI (www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1090974-REG/dedolight_k400dt_s_hf_dlh400d_std_hmi_hf_blst_hard.html) of the same wattage that is part of the same series as this light, so it might be possible. Does anyone have any idea of how I would even go about contemplating to do this?