Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Using Kino Flos
  • Shooting a project and considering renting some kino Flos because they seem to be so widely used.. Looking for information on why they're so indispensable - what are the advantages of using these kind of lights, how should they ideally be used, things like that. Any info will help in addition to the research I am doing on my own, just want to be as prepared as possible would love some feedback from those with experience.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I know David Fincher used them extensively in the 'john does apartment' scene.. they provide a nice underlying boost to the scene and accentuate texture

• I like them a lot, although I've just had delivered a pair of Celeb 200's which I'll test in the next few weeks.

Here's an example on 2 off 4ft Kinoflos:

That has green screen as well as set lighting in. It would seem that there is a short sharp peak of green in Kinoflos, but this doesn't seem to affect the overall balance.