Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 firmware update 2.0 talk
  • 109 Replies sorted by
  • Since i've installed the firmware 2.0, changing aperture during recording makes no sound anymore but cause a slow fading, did you experiment the same thing ?

• With which lens? Manual or with the dial wheel?

• 20mm 1.7 manual, i have not tested with my other lens yet.

• Hello guys, thanks to all for your tests and posts, it's great and rich to have all your inputs. I am still blocked with the 2.0 update although I have tried it with battery completely full and the ah4.bin file in different cards (all 32gb Extreme Pro Sandisk 95mbs though). I always get message "No valide picture to play" when trying to update firmware. You all seem to have done it easy. What could I do ? Any advice ? Tks so much !

• Download the file from here

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh4.html

It is GH4, not AH4. I think the first link was wrong

• I can confirm that fullhd and 4k 100Mbs is 100Mbs now (average 97, peak106).

4k autofocus is faster and more accurate, I can say that continuous AF in 4k is just OK now. Not as good as at 60P but usable with 14-140mm II lens.

• @Vesku

I second what Vesku said. The bit rate now sustains right around 100 mb/sec and the AF is improved but not quite up to the 1080p @ 60 FPS AF.

• Still only records a sRGB and it automatically changes settings we need more control. photo size has increased from small to medium.

• @samotmanam Make sure after extract from Zip file,that firmware downloaded should be read GH4_V20.bin before copy to sd card. In OSX , it was auto extract zip file. if you extract one more time, it will add another extension and your camera won't see it.

• Can I go straight to v2.0 from v1.1? Are people doing a camera reset after upgrading?

• Yup, I went straight from the original firmware, and I didn't do a camera reset after upgrading. All seems fine ... but now you've got me paranoid ;)

• @murph100 - some people have had a few operational problems after a firmware upgrade - a system reset seems to cure them

• Cheers, good to know ! All ok with mine so far, so fingers crossed.

• It's encouraging to hear that the actual bitrate has improved by 25% (now at original quoted spec). I wonder if this will translate into less noticeable artifacts at 1:1 viewing.

• My camera worked perfectly from day one but has had 2 problems since the update. The worst was a total freeze...while filming the camera became unresponsive. Could not even power off. Had to take the battery out. I will try a system reset....Thanks mrbill

• @kendalloz - welcome, hope it works for you

• @onion - thanks for the link

• @onion - yes, tks for the link worked perfectly.

By the way does anyone know what the Exif information is? it's embedded to the captured image from the 4K video. Is that in Photo 4K mode ?

• Hi everyone,

After updating my GH4 to firmware 2.0 the 'touch tab' that allows control of mic audio levels whilst recording has disappeared. Everything else is working. It's either the new firmware or some hidden setting I've missed. Anyone else had this problem?

• @Cblok, No, mine is still there. You have to tough the Camera sign at the right side of the touchscreen. Then the funcion is there. At least with my GH4.

• Thanks @AKED

New development... I've discovered that when 'Silent Operation' in the Motion picture menu is OFF, the little camera icon disappears. Weird...