Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
  • 192 Replies sorted by
  • @feha You will have to switch your gearbox around to use a matte box, short lenses and the iFocus together. The iFocus is too big to use with a matte box the way it is positioned in your first set of images, there is just not enough room. You will probably have to get a different type of lens gear too. One that sits not so close to the lens barrel (this is TrusMT D100MB1 and TrusMT lens gear).

_DSC8331.jpg
    1024 x 681 - 218K
    _DSC8337.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 228K
  • @maurits Thank you very much, yes i will have to configure your way ... Looks great!

• @maurits it works for the rig, but not quite well for the cage ...

cage_problem.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 853K
    cage_problem_2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 803K
    rig_ok.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 852K
  • @maurits is your matte box with swing-away ?

• How is the latest FF from gini rigs?is there anybody can give feedback please

• @xsa here is a short review from my friend Alan

i will make one too very soon

• Thank you very much.

• Just got a gini rig a week ago. Very nice stuff from a unreliable seller, my rig was missing 2 parts sent 2 messages 7 days ago.

Its not like he doesn't understand english but he sucks at communication. I think he is ether too busy to check his e-mail or just doesn't care. Ether way be warend that he is not %100 reliable. Sucks because otherwise its a killer rig.

EDIT: Finally got back to me. He will ship me the missing parts : )

• @bitcrusher I had three orders, they delivered fast and accurate ... (from e-bay seller: gini-2011)

• Removing the cork?

Hi,

I was shooting a concert yesterday on my Ginirig. When I wanted to take some pictures I grabbed my GH2 with my right hand of course and shot the stills. When I continued filming I realized that the follow focus wasn´t touching the lens gear anymore because by just holding the cam on its grip it twisted a little bit on the cork. I have grip tape on the GH2´s bottom and it is tightened to the base plate as humanly possible.

So now I´m thinking of removing that cork and I am wondering if anyone has any experience to share on that matter.

Thanks!

PS: Sorry for wrong posting before.

• @JackBayer

I have already removed a "cork" it's glued to it. I recommend you get a quick release plate and place one such ... Edit: sorry i did not understood your question ... you mean you twisted on GH2 body it self ?

qr.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 959K
  • Gini-2011 has disappeared off eBay. Not the most encouraging seller to be honest.

• Scratch that, eBay was showing it as not existing. Followed a link through Google and it's there.

• The guy has ben online for at least 2.5 years and has sold some quality stuff at very affordable price. So please lets try to be a bit indulgent with him. I say "him" purposely because it seems to be a one man business and we have to trade some customer service but for some killer prices.

• I have the gini ifocus, solid as a rock, lovely to use, easy to attach and adjust but quite a bit of play in mine so think will sell and buy another lanparte, they're sweet, no play in the one I got at all. Thought I couldn't use the gini with the MT mattebox but figured out that my riser was the wrong way round - d'oh. After switching it all is fine in that department. It feels lovely and solid, like a 50's hollywood daddy, just that bit of play I find frustrating.

• @feha Yes, the cam twisted on the cork, so i want to remove it and replace it with something better.

I see you have a 323 plate mounted there without the cork. Is there anything else under it?

• @JackBayer no there is nothing under it, plain metal ...

• @feha Sorry for the late reply! Yes, the D100MB1 is swing-away. You will have no problems with your reversed Gini iFocus. I will provide some more details on the matte box over the weekend in a dedicated topic (in the matte boxes category).

_DSC8398.jpg
    1024 x 681 - 160K
    _DSC8399.jpg
    1024 x 681 - 192K
    _DSC8418.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 238K
    _DSC8420.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 244K
  • @maurits , thank you, will be buying this matte box version (via forum deals).

• Got my follow focus and rails. Super top quality. I feel no backlash, that may change after use. Don't buy one of those cheap $1XX.00 follow focus. Save a bit more and get a Gini. I got my Gini FF and rail mount for $200 + 55 S&H. I think the rails and mount would be $100-150 elsewhere alone. Now I need some gears for my lenses.

• I got another cage, excellent work ...

lumix_gh2_rig_cage.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 197K
  • @feha Nice rig! I was looking at it too on Gini site. You mind showing more pics of the cage setup with Gh2?

• @PixCanFly , @jasonp here comes more pictures .... as you see they are working on the improvements, holes on the rig arm makes it lighter ... also the plate base is adjustable even left-right, this is good for matte box ... but this might make problem for follow focus ...

cage_2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 42K
    cage_3.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 32K
  • Another way mounting a follow focus on this cage ... touching slightly my Leica 1.4 25 mm (friction) unless i get proper gear ring ... also with shifting the gear on FF the "Century" matte box might get in place ...

follow_focus.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 44K
    follow_focus_matte_box.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 44K
  • @feha thanks for the pics mate. I have your other Gini cage too and I like it. It allows for lots of mounting options. I'm buying another cage for my other GH2 and still evaluating between this rig arm style and the other boxy style.