Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GSpot, make your GH2 multi-orgasmic
  • 57 Replies sorted by
  • @frullaccia thanks for feedback.

It's somethink like in the Star Wars IV when Luke SkyWalker got his hands in the lightsaber Obi Wan Kenobi gave to him. I am just a humble padawan learning slowly from a Jedi Master...

Matrices are where the image texture magic happens... and controls the homogeneous frames flux...

• @apefos By now I think that here this patch is the top for FSH and H settings.

• Ok. FSH and H pal modes are working very good.

• @apefos This is interesting. Are you trying to experiment with matrix? The picture is quite sharp, but looks natural. The tone is a little cold, so I'm gonna test using a ND filter.

• GSpot Nebula - 23 september 2014

different versions for NTSC and PAL

tweaked matrices, custom fallback tables

just one version setg 96Mbps for 45Mbps cards and above

after feedbacks from users and testers I can try to make it work for higher datarates, (do not try to raise datarate in these versions, it will get unstable)

Enjoy!

gspot_nebula_23_september_2014.zip
  • GSpot. :-) Good name.

• GSpot FlowMotion - versions 17 september 2014 - patches for GH2 hack

separate versions for NTCS and PAL

Best balance between I, P and B frames size to get both noise and details quality in the same patch for 720p. Also tweaked for HBR. 24p already ok from previous tests.

for NTSC:

versions A to F - for lower speed cards, with gspot configuration, but the lower datarate can hurt quality

version G - the gspot, works with the Sandisk 45Mbps card, the minimum datarate to get great noise and details in same patch for 720p60.

versions H to J - for higher speed cards, with gspot configuration, the higher datarate can increase quality even more, but there are chances for stop recording.

for PAL:

versions A to D - for lower speed cards, with gspot configuration, but the lower datarate can hurt quality

version E - the gspot, works with the Sandisk 45Mbps card, the minimum datarate to get great noise and details in same patch for 720p50

versions F to J - for higher speed cards, with gspot configuration, the higher datarate can increase quality even more, but there are chances for stop recording. Give a try on setG PAL, similar datarate of NTSC G version, should work ok.

Matrix:

FlowMotion Scalling tables and Deblocking tables deviler a constant frames size along the frame flux. This allows to increase the datarate without the risk of stop recording or camera freeze. The fallback tables are very well calibrated with the I, P and B tables to keep the frames size constant. This feature in Flow Motion makes the patch to work ok with the frame limit and frame buffer. And this constant frames size along the flux is what made possible to find the perfect balance between the I frames size and the P / B frames size to get both noise/texture and details quality in the same patch, the gspot.

GSpot_FlowMotion_17_september_2014.zip