Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung NX1, $1300 4K flagman
  • 1157 Replies sorted by
  • @brianl

No one knows.

As I said early here - Korean management is known for amazing swings.

• @Leto

Why crap?

In worse case you could buy NX1, NX500 and lenses for amazing price soon :-)

• I was hoping the NX1 was doing well, it is really a shame to see this system getting abandoned already by Samsung.

I bought one a half a year ago, because it has better picture quality than the GH4, and i was hoping for continu fw updates and more lenses for this system.

Sorry to say so, but this is shit!

• Read the article closely. Samsung is not exiting the camera business. They are suspending the development of new products for one year while they formulate a new stategy. Here's the quote from Google translation:

Samsung Electronics, a senior official said, "It is worrying many facts related to the digital camera business," said "first year, you will have time to refine the strategy, rather than new products."

• I was hoping the NX1 was doing well, it is really a shame to see this system getting abandoned already by Samsung.

It is doing well in some online circles.

But real world need retail presence, advertisement, pushing, etc. Samsung has super power to push cameras, due to management that can not communicate we have that we have.

• Samsung is not abandoning the NX line!!!!At the NY Photo Plus Show last week Samsung was alive and well promoting the heck out of their photo products. Reps at the booth just laughed when I asked about the demise of the NX1. Not true they said. To paraphrase Mark Twain: Reports of the NX1's demise have been greatly exaggerated!

• @johncaballero did they mention anything about future firmware plans and/or a log profile?

Thanks!

Mark

• At the NY Photo Plus Show last week Samsung was alive and well promoting the heck out of their photo products. Reps at the booth just laughed when I asked about the demise of the NX1.

Yet, it is fact that Samsung is pulling their cameras from retail, sometimes they do not sell two of their newest models (NX500 and NX1) is some countries at all.

• @johncaballero did they mention anything about future firmware plans and/or a log profile?

@majoraxis

They did not mention anything more about firmware updates. They were very upbeat about the cameras and the lenses though. One of the reps said there were more products down the pipeline. Maybe they smart up and save the updates for the NX2/NX600! But even if they stopped producing cameras some other manufacturer would buy the rights to the technology and use it. It is too good.

• "Yet, it is fact that Samsung is pulling their cameras from retail, sometimes they do not sell two of their newest models (NX500 and NX1) is some countries at all."

Nothing new there. Plenty of manufactures pull from unprofitable markets. That is part of business. You concentrate in the productive markets for your products, especially if they are new ones.

• Nothing new there. Plenty of manufactures pull from unprofitable markets. That is part of business. You concentrate in the productive markets for your products, especially if they are new ones.

From my talks it has nothing to do with "profitable markets". It is more to do with quality of management, marketing and such. Samsung is known for exceptionally horrible management in local branches.

• Industry watchers said Samsung Electronics is expected to fire up to 30 percent of its workers as it cuts back on the role of those who work in finance, human resources and marketing.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2015/10/133_189832.html

• You might ask where all market genius is used in Samsung? Well, it is clear now. For last Bond film Samsung offered $55 million to have their phones present in frame.

• The biggest Norwegian photo camera store Japanphoto just launched a sell out of Samsung products. They say: “now its the end with Samsung, we dump pricing”.

• http://www.japanphoto.no/samsung-nx?errorViewName=AjaxOrderItemDisplayView Very good price for the body only NX1, 7999 Norwegian crown is about 860€

• In Russia you can get it for around $1000 also.

• In France people are still trying to get their 1400€ back second hand

• Ha ha! That's my final for my Cinematography and Lighting class. Thanks for posting! I'm new to video so it's not perfect, but that NX1 makes it easy to get good results.

• It seems that Samsung will cease NX line soon according to info from dealers.

Samsung will kill camera department.

Probability now is around 99%.

• User in the EOSHD forum apparentely received an official confirmation from Samsung that NX1 is discontinued in Europe.

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/more-bad-news-samsung-announces-it-discontinued-the-nx1-in-europe/

• @MarcioK

Official can be only press release. But Samsung is pulling from all countries where I know dealers.

I think this case must be studied and put into history. How management of firm having amazing engineers, extremely strong retail presence and big power to push retail and advertisement, who had two amazing cameras, just fucked things up.