Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
best noise-excluding headphones for location sound recording
  • I'm in the market for some new headphones as the above suggests. Any and all suggestions gratefully received..

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I like the Bose Quiet Comfort.

• Sennheiser HD380pro. Great isolation and sound quality for the price.

• Depends on what you are recording and how much noise you want to block out. The ATH M50 is currently number 2 at headfi and has very good isolation as well as sound quality, that's what I use. Also very detailed.

Why headfi? Cans are very personal. So by reading tons of reviews you can at least get a feeling for which reviewers share your preferences. http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-m50s

But ultimately, don't take another opinion; there is no substitute for trying them out.

NB: If you use active canceling cans, you may not notice a technical problem, such as a ground fault. So I never use active cans when recording. The difference is only a few dB in NR.