Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Has anyone here got their SLR magic 12mm from China recently? I've spent a few weeks trying to order from Emilyfoto. After the details were confirmed, I didn't hear from them at all for about a week.

Today I checked with them again with Alibaba Chat ( I saved the transcript ) and supposedly they claim it is no longer being made. Hope not! If someone can confirm this or clear it up, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Kickstarter video shot with SLR Magic 12mm 1.6

Enjoy!

• @allenswrench Well, they have changed the date several times already so don't be surprised if it happens again. The last notice I got was at the beginning of april and I ordered in January. (around the same time as @Alex)

I've tried to get my money back to no avail. Right now I try to think about it as little as possible because it only pisses me off.

• @RRRR they sent me a message this morning, confirming the order and the estimated availability as 20th of April.

• @Alex Same here.. annoying to say the least.

• Thanks for that.. it might be a little late for me.. got a trip next Tuesday, but will email to check :)

• @soundgh2 do you have a link for the three day lens?

Thank you :)

• Wow, I better brace myself for a 3+ month wait! Not a brilliant start for SLR Magic, but I feel this is sadly the only lens that is wide and fast enough which will work with my FD´s....

• I ordered on Jannuary 14th from Konijenenberg. New delivery Date is some what mid April! Its a complete joke.

• If you still having trouble ordering in Europe, China has stock and 3 day delivery ...... same price including delivery.

• Just ordered from Konijnenberg, so let´s see how it goes... I already have a 52 to 77 step up ring, as well as 58 to 77.

• @jimtreats

Got a 72mm Fader ND on it no vignetting

• D-Focus 3 works in friction mode with it - Cinevate gear longest screw isn't long enough - it's quite a slim barrel at the focus end.

• Anyone has one for sale? I am very reluctant to order from konijnenberg and wait for 3 months or longer...

• I'm still waiting for mine... Let's just say I'm not too happy with Fotokonijnenberg and I can't take SLR-magic seriously as a manufacturer. Reported delivery date from them to Fotokonijnenberg - according to the last mail from FK was April 1st. It's bad joke.

Mind, when I ordered - it was reported "In Stock". Then late February. Then middle of March..

• @RawB, Yes this would be great for interiors/ real estate because it would give you a very wide angle so you could give a good perspective on a whole room view, with the ability to make the most out of low level interior lighting. I would use this in combination with something like the 25mm voigtlander or perhaps even a little more mm like 50 mm for your closeups of specific things.

• ordered mine in early jan directly from slr. Received it the other day. snug fit, no problems whatsoever. Didnt know how much i missed a wide angle lens until i started using this. Loving it. Took a while to get it, but well worth the wait.

• Hi, reading about the SLR magic makes me wanne buy this lens. What I need is a lens for real estate / interior. Can someone please tell me if this 12mm f/1.6 lens is good for filming interiors or do I need a wider lens? Cheers, RawB

• @Nino_Ilacqua how are you able to order it from them directly?

• @nino_ilacqua How long did it take? I live in Bologna and never managed to get a package from e-bay in my house. I had two adapters lost on it's way and never had the courage to order something expensive while living in Italy. happy to hear you managed to get yours

• Hi,

I am looking for the SLR Magic 12 mm! Anyone interested in selling?

• I ordered mine directly from SLR Magic and got it a couple days ago. They sent me it twice, since the first one was lost by UPS. It was very gentle from their side to send me a new lens which I got in a record time of three days from Hong Kong to my house in Italy. I appreciated a lot their behaviour, The lens is a joy to use!

• So we down to bribes and body parts then :) Hell after their languid 3-2 victory tonight I'm expecting movement :p

• A word of warning before submitting an order on Foto Konijnenberg though. Don't expect to get it quickly. Konijnenberg do not have it in stock. I have e-mailed Konijnenberg a couple of times about the status of my order / the dire state of hyperprime supply.. expressing a wish to retract my order until they have it in stock - still no reply.

Last word from them I got was late february.. Ehem.. Let's see what they say next.