Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Forced to use my GH2 as i broke the flip out screen on my GH4
  • 27 Replies sorted by
  • @endotoxic - I have been using the GH2 for 4 years now, 3 of which I have been applying the patches from this site. This is the first time I have ever seen it suggested to use a shutter speed of 40 and not 50 for 24P footage. Is this common knowledge? If so I can't believe I have missed it. Testing is about to commence.

My GH2 Story I originally bought the GH2 to use as a B-cam to my HVX200. I quickly noticed the the B-Cam was blowing away the image on the A-Cam so i swapped them. Then I realized I should just get a 2nd GH2 and lose the HVX all together. Once I figured out a reliable audio chain I went with dual GH2's (Flowmotion 2.2 for the most part) and stopped looking at all of the newest releases, this set up was perfect. I didn't see how the GH3 would improve my workflow so I skipped it all together.

I then worked with another shooter last year with a Canon 1DC and the 4K blew me away. So I started checking out the GH4. I made the leap soon after and have been pairing the GH4 with the GH2. I have to say I still prefer the overall look of the GH2. When I do interviews I still love the GH2 image over the GH4. The 4K offers great flexibility for re framing on a 1080 timeline and the stills have a smoother/fuller look to them but the colors in the videos side by side just look better from the GH2 (to my eyes anyway). I am still tinkering with the GH4 to get them to match so I am not saying the GH4 can't compare. But the GH2 is still very relevant thanks to the efforts of those on this site that have put in the effort to improve an already amazing camera.

I have a 2 camera interview shoot tomorrow and I am seriously considering benching the GH4 and going back to the dual GH2. Conundrum!

• @Cole Some people do like shutter at 40 and some even at 30. Must be more careful with minimizing camera movement. Most assume 24P should use 50, but a few swear by 40 and 30.