Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Thin Crust - Short Film shot on a hacked GH2
  • Hi, just finished my first short film, tell me what you think!

Thanks.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • 4 min in, nothing happens. I'm sure there is a clever twist at the very end, but why should invest 10 more minutes waiting for it. I might not even find it that clever. I hope you see my point.

• Not bad. Pretty good for a first! Some minor issues here and there and on the overall I do think you could have made it more concise, which I guess is what @radikalfilm is getting at.. (still, with air / time for it to breathe) You could have been more efficient in producing the mood or subtext you wanted by removing shots that were not great / didn't build the scene. There were a few that seemed to confuse what was happening rather than the other way around. The actor had a glance into the camera I believe at one point and I don't think the opening scene is strong enough; it takes too long to get into this guys conundrum and the angle sort of awkward. However, I like how it develops, the strange pizza guy and the open end.

Light felt a little unbalanced at times.. which is only a technical issue so don't worry about it too much.

Keep at it!

• I think it was shot very well for a first short - made me marvel again at what the GH2 can produce. I liked the grading. Did you use a stabilizer with the outdoor shots? I liked the movement in those.

• @or2512 Looks great. What hack setting, lenses and camera settings did you use?

• @tinyrobot Yeah, for the outdoors I used a steadicam. @matt_gh2 Intravenus 2, Pentacon 29mm and 50mm, smooth all -2 except for saturation 0.

Thanks.

• Nice, but the look is overflatten to my eyes. It looks like a film before post editing, blown out. At least I've never seen such a final look.

• @or2512 Hilarious because I also shoot IV2 all -2 with Sat at 0, and use a 28mm and 50mm lens. I use Lomos, but like the look of the Pentacon here.

Did you do much color grading, or was this straight from the camera?