Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Thunder over Louisville 2014 (air show/fireworks, bmcc/5d3 raw)
  • shot on EF BMCC/5d3 mlv raw with canon 24-105 no LUT, only VERY minor color correction and WB adjust in resolve10. (dont' mistake compression for banding ;) I don't have the fastest internet in the world and had to get a 90gb uncompressed video to 1gb lol also, the 3 smudges that you may see in a few clips I think come from the "little ones" fingerprints lol)

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • err, I'll get a vimeo version up. it depends on mobile device/country for it to play.
    keepvid.com may allow you to bypass it all and just directly download the video

• Thanks. Good shooting. And interesting images and lighting there. I think you are on to something with your film. The juxtaposition of the crowds, casually playing cards and sipping slurpies. while overhead a staggering display of military ferocity plays out. Capped off with fireworks, you’ve got it all.

I would imagine in parts of the world where these aircraft appear, a show like this might put spectators in the psych ward, dogs in the dog psych ward.

• @bheath I could see that being a possibility lol This was all just messing around, no purpose honestly other than seeing how well a bmcc and 5d3 cut and low light performance.

• They do so (cut together) well.