Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, User reviews and opinions
  • 1273 Replies sorted by
  • Here is a short presentation about the organic sensor tech: http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n130611.html although I'm pretty sure you already knew about it before me :).

It is possible by 2015 to see the first products with this sensor tech.

• It is possible by 2015 to see the first products with this sensor tech.

I am just not such an optimist.

• 2016 perhaps? LOL

• @Eno

We went really offtopic, check topic title.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev agree!

You can delete the previews comments.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev @Eno http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53788978

If fujifilm releases an organic sensor based XPro-2, that could change my optimism a little ;) Crossing my fingers and waiting three days.

• @discomandavis

We'll see, not long until it.

• Finally got my GH4 today :) Already have GH2 and G6. Planning to do some shots in the near future to compare the image. Sad thing is that my new SD card will arrive next week so I will see if my old class 10 cards put up with GH4 video for now. Good luck to me!

lumix.jpg
    1280 x 765 - 1M
  • @Rivo+Kikkul, my class 10 U1 Sandisk Extreme Pro cards work perfectly for everything, but the 200mbps 1080.

Cheers, Pete

• @MikeLinn

It's just like the movie "Her" except he's in love with a tractor instead of a sexy female OS with the sultry voice of Scarlet Johanssen. :)

• Where was that filmed? Obama would take him out of care if it was in US lol

• I wonder if he goes home with the tractor alone at the end of the day or with the tractor and operator.

• I finally got my GH4 superzoom kit. I am mostly very happy with it. Big improvement over GH3.

BUT.

I dont know if the 14-140 mk2 lens is broken but the stabilization in video mode is bad. It smooths big movements but leaves fast "micro jitter" or vibration which looks bad in big screen.

I tested my old 14-42 lens with GH4 and it is very stable. My 100-300 is very stable and calm too. In fact I can shoot handheld more stable video in 300mm than in 14mm with this superzoom. Frame moves a little but no fast vibration. I use 60P 100mbs.

I have seen some examples of fast jitter with other cameras like RX10 and some new cameras has also electronic stabilators maybe for this reason. New Pana FZ1000 has electr. stab too.

Many has said that the new 14-140 superzoom has very good stabilization. Is there anybody with this issue?

• Many has said that the new 14-140 superzoom has very good stabilization. Is there anybody with this issue?

Best idea is to use topic for this lens, we have one.

• I actually am also surprised at a relatively weak stabilization on all M43 lenses I tried, including 14-140mm.

Both on GH4 and BMPCC bodies.

• From day one it was designed for stills rather than video. Times have changed.

• @trailer

14-140 mk2 is one of the "HD" lenses designed for video.

• @mo7ies @trailer @Vesku

Stop offtopic here, go to the proper lens topic.

• Sorry. I bought a kit of GH4 and lens. I think they work together as a camera.